If your Market Research agency requires additional team members to perform telephone survey research, you can consider outsourcing part of the job while still coordinating the full project. In this blog, we analyse how a call centre can support a Market Research agency with additional workload or with this small projects that can be outsourced.
Why use a call centre for your telephone Computer-assisted Telephone Interviews (CATI)?
Call centres have the technology and the manpower to quickly support any telephone survey campaign. Call centres’ telephony system allows them to upload large databases in their autodialler software and record all conversations. Additionally, their team skillset (i.e. telephone manners and computer literacy) are reliable to collect vast information while following a script and ensuring data accuracy.
Advantages of Survey Outsourcing to a Call Centre:
Outbound Surveys are crucial to learn more about your customers and gather data for product or service development. Innovative companies can also discover how customers react to their marketing efforts or how voters feel about issues and candidates. Since most proper survey strategies require very specific data in a tight time frame, many of our clients are choosing to outsource.
Outsourcing to a Call Centre to support your market research campaigns have numerous benefits. They include:
- Objectivity: The use of a third party ensure objectivity in the data collection process. Call centre agents are familiar with the process of gathering information and ensures integrity.
- Set-up Speed: Telephone Market research Campaigns can be set up in a call centre environment within hours. All systems are in place to upload a database into an autodial, access to any survey software and start collecting information.
- Information gathering Speed: Agents’ performance is constantly monitored to maximize the number of dials per hour while maintaining the quality of the data gathered. Additionally, script adherence is closely monitored to reduce any potential bias in the data collection.
- Resource allocation: Using a call centre you can maximise the allocation of team members and add more agents if deadlines are tight. It provides your Market Research agency with the flexibility to collect data in a shorter period of time.
- Cost saving solution: Many call centres will charge reduced rates compared with specialist outbound market researchers. You can decide between a price per survey completed or a fixed cost by dial made and contact made. Some call centre will even charge you just for the talk time. A fixed cost can help you to better control your budget.
What steps are commonly followed by the Call Centre?
The deployment and implementation of any market research campaign in a call centre follow a similar approach:
- Define campaign parameters (scope, script, objectives, timeframe….) and outline the responsibilities of each party (e.g. call centre = data collection; market research agency = data analysis).
- Assign a key account manager and a dedicated team
- Receive the database
- Receive access to the survey
- Upload information in the required systems. For example phone numbers to the autodiallers
- Train the team
- Run a test
- Review and provide feedback
- Perform the campaign
- Review Quality
- Provide daily / weekly updates
- Return database and survey data for analysis
Example of Call Centre performing Market Research?
Check one of our past case studies, or request a free quote: