Product Recall is: The process of retrieving defective goods from consumers and providing those consumers with compensation. Recalls often occur as a result of safety concerns over a manufacturing defect in a product that may harm its user
Arema Connect are providing Product Recall support services to the FMCG Industry since 2013. This blog demonstrates the process followed by Arema Connect in proving our clients with a 24 by 7 support service.
We receive notifications from the Food Safety & Quality Auditor to activate the Product Recall /Product Withdrawal protocol.
1. Text Message to be sent
2. Database of retailers with the product in stock.
3. Follow up phone call to store manager or owner to ensure they have auctioned the withdrawal
Message usually contains:
- name of the product,
- code of the product,
- action to be taken by shop,
- reason for withdrawal,
- stock count sold and in stockroom and
- a note put on shelves advising end consumers of recall.
Based on our SLA agreement the text message will be sent within 30 minutes of receiving the notification and an outbound phone campaign will be initiated within 1 hour.