Each year we look forward to the Customer Contact Management Association (CCMA) Awards. The CCMA promotes collaboration, shared learning and best practice for customer contact and shared services organisations in Ireland. The annual industry awards are a fantastic way to showcase industry best practices and talent. This year we nominated our long term team member Kay Sheahan for Industry Professional of the Year in the category of Team Leader.
Kay has been a member of the team since 2001 during this time she has developed a wealth of knowledge and experience in the customer support industry. Kay’s previous background in Nursing has been extremely beneficial across many of our Healthcare and Pharmaceutical accounts.
Kay has been Team Leader on one of our largest healthcare accounts for over 12 years. Kays daily roles include:
- Ensuring that the service provided meets our client’s Service Level;
- Ensuring that all agents assigned to the account have the necessary resources to deliver this service to a high standard in line with our client’s training standards;
- Developing the supporting procedural information for agents to access in our internal Knowledge Management System ‘the Wiki’ in conjunction with the client;
- Monitoring call volumes daily in order to scale up and down quickly;
- Training agents assigned to the contract in client culture, processes and procedures and systems;
- Preparing and providing performance reports for the client on a daily, weekly and monthly basis;
- Highlighting any emerging trends and issues to the wider management team and the client;
- Facilitating weekly meetings with the client;
- Upskilling for managing any changes and additions to clinical queries;
- Manging and resolving more complex queries from callers.
Kay sets a great example for those around her and has a keen interest in employee engagement and development.
Employee Feedback: Kay encourages the frontline team to share any feedback which they may have in relation to the daily management of the account. Kay has created an online suggestions box where the team can easily share feedback.
Wellbeing Programme: Kay supports the coordination of our Employee Wellbeing Programme, in order to help agents deal with the stresses that can sometimes be associated with working in a contact centre. These fortnightly sessions offer agents the opportunity to switch off from their daily customer service role for a short time, giving them the opportunity to share how/if their work is affecting them.
Coordination of fundraising initiatives: Each year Kay organises a fundraiser for different charities, in the past, these have included – Multiple Sclerosis Ireland, ‘Wear Red Day’ and Alzheimer’s Ireland, Coffee Morning.
‘Firstly, it is indeed a privilege for me to be nominated by my colleagues at Arema Connect. Furthermore, it is a huge honour for me on a personal and professional basis that I have been shortlisted in the CCMA Awards for Team Leader of the year category. Huge credit goes to the hard work and dedication of the team that I am so lucky to have the opportunity to manage. It is a true reflection of the very high calibre of work of my team and the organisation as a whole.’
– Kay Sheahan
Huge congratulations to Kay on being shortlisted. We are looking forward to the virtual award ceremony which is sure to be extremely enjoyable. Wishing all the organisations and nominees the very best of luck!!