The Arema Connect Team are delighted to be shortlisted in the Customer Contact Management Association (CMMA) Awards 2020. The CCMA Promotes collaboration, shared learning and best practice for customer contact and shared services organisations in Ireland. The annual industry awards are a great way of recognising what we’ve delivered as a team, and across different areas of the organisation over the last 12 months. This year we have been shortlisted in the following categories:
- Best Response to Covid 19
- Team of the Year
- Industry Professional of the Year – Team Leader – Aoife O Mahony
Overview of our award submissions:
Best Response to Coivid 19 – Like many businesses Arema Connect took a proactive approach to managing and preparing for business continuity during the Covid 19 pandemic. Planning commenced at the beginning of March. Our management team worked with our various stakeholders to put procedures in place to ensure our operations were not heavily affected. Some of the measures we put in place include:
- In order to continuously support our clients around the clock, 50 of our team transitioned to a remote working model. We invested in various hardware and technologies to ensure that our employees were equipped with the resources needed to be able to seamlessly carry out their role without compromising our data security.
- Laptops and dual monitors were purchased and all the relevant security measures were put in place by our IT Provider, to ensure the highest level of security.
- Our team received training to equip them to manage their new normal – working for home. This included training in new technologies, practices and virtual wellness sessions.
- In January we had purchased a third office space to support our continuous growth. Mid March the team worked around the clock to get this premise prepared in compliance with social distancing measures. This enabled us to offer more of the team the opportunity to work from an office based setting.
- A Covid officer was appointed in each of our three office spaces to ensure the recommended workplace guidelines were being adhered to.
Team of the Year – We nominated one of our dedicated teams from one our largest eCommerce clients. This account has experienced a huge spike in volumes since the Covid 19 pandemic which the team has effectively managed. This team demonstrates teamwork, a focus on quality and innovative ways of working while delivering an excellent customer experience.
Industry Professional of the Year – Team Leader – Arema Connect’s nomination for Industry Professional of the Year – Team Leader is Aoife O’Mahony. Aoife started her journey with us in 2018 as a student intern from Cork Institute of Technology. Aoife is now a graduate and holds a Bachelor of Business Degree. Aoife has since secured a full-time position in overseeing operations of several of our key clients including an industry-leading eCommerce brand.
“I am delighted to be both nominated and shortlisted for the Industry Professional of the Year – Team Leader. I have been with Arema Connect since 2018 and during this time I have been given the opportunity to work with some really progressive clients from a wide variety of sectors. These opportunities have greatly contributed to my professional development. I would like to wish all my fellow nominees the very best of luck on the night.“ – Aoife O Mahony, Team Leader
At last year’s awards, our Client Development Manager, Katherine Sutton was highly commended in the Industry Professional of the Year – Team Leader category. We were also shortlisted for Outsource Partnership of the Year for our work with one of our largest eCommerce clients.
The 2020 award ceremony is due to take place virtually this Friday 20th November. While this year’s awards will be a lot different to last years we are sure it will be equally as enjoyable. A huge thanks to Dorothy O’Byrne, Managing Director, CCMA Ireland and her team for their hard work in preparing for the awards during these unprecedented times. We would like to wish all our fellow award nominees the very best of luck. Roll on the awards ceremony!