With St. Patrick’s Day well and truly upon us, millions of people are getting ready to celebrate the patron Saint of Ireland. As a nation, we pride ourselves on our culture, hospitality, magnificent views and heritage. All of these aside, many Multinational Corporations (MNC) are choosing to base their European headquarters here. More are opting to partner with suppliers from our green isles. Arema Connect’s offices are located in the vibrant city of Cork, the European capital of culture in 2005. Many ponder the question what is the motive to partner with an Irish supplier?
The benefits of partnering with an Irish Supplier –
- English is our first spoken language – Of course, we are very proud of our native Irish tongue, however, we are a predominantly an English speaking country. In fact, we are the only native English speaking country in the Eurozone making Irish suppliers an extremely favorable partner for Customer Support Services globally.
- The gift of the gab – We love talking and have great conversations about the weather, the game at the weekend or just general chit chat! Our frontline team enjoys the many interactions they have with our clients’ customers throughout the day. Highlighting this further is the fact that Cork was voted the Friendliest City for 2020 at the Retail Excellence Awards. As a population, we truly have the gift of the gab.
- A multicultural country – We like to consider ourselves a multicultural nation. According to the Journal.ie 12.7% of our population is made up of non-Irish nationals. We are home to over 20 nationalities including German, French, American and Italian communities. Here at Arema Connect, this extremely beneficial to us when we are recruiting for our multilingual Customer Support services.
- Educated workforce – Ireland has a world-renowned education system that kick starts successful careers. We rank highly for quality education across Europe. At Arema Connect, we have access to graduates from over 5 Cork-based higher education institutes and universities including Cork Institute of Technology and University College Cork.
- Home to big brands – Our isle is home to brands leading the way worldwide. Our enriching culture is one that many brands desire to incorporate into their overall company culture. This attracts many to open European headquarters here or partner with an Irish supplier. Our working environment and our pro-business approach are some of the many reasons over 1,000 multinational companies have chosen Ireland as a destination to do business.
- Low corporation tax – We have a low corporation tax of just 12.5%. Ireland is viewed as a competitive and stable country to do business.
- Safe from natural disasters – Thankfully in Ireland we escape hurricanes, typhoons, and tornadoes due to our maritime climate. Irish suppliers play a pivotal role in many MNCs’ business continuity plans, which are situated in areas commonly struck by natural disasters.
- Gateway to Europe – Our close proximity to the rest of Europe makes Ireland a great place to do business. It’s a short flight to most European cities.
Last but definitely not least, our Irish roots have traveled to most communities worldwide and left a positive and long-lasting impact.
We would like to wish all of our team, clients and connections a very Happy St. Patrick’s Day!