Customer support is required in all business areas from finance to marketing. In this blog, we review the importance of customer support within your loyalty program. First, we review what is a loyalty program providing a definition that addresses customer and employees’ programs alike. Then, from our experience, we explain the importance of providing customer support within this context and outline the typical questions that our agents face in this context.
What is a Loyalty Program?
Loyalty Programs can be designed to increase the loyalty of employees or customers. In a nutshell, a loyalty program is a rewards program offered by a company to customers to recompense their purchases. It can provide different benefits including free merchandise, free event tickets, discounts, vouchers, coupons, or even advance released products.
The creation of a loyalty program usually falls within the Marketing department; however, the involvement of other business areas such as human resources or sales can be vital for long-term implementation. Key steps to consider are:
- Define your objectives
- Align it with your brand and values
- Decide Customer Incentives and Budget by customer
- Define your Key Performance Indicactors
- Integrate your Loyalty Program with your Customer Relationship Management System
- Consider merging it with other Enterprise Systems (e.g. POS systems, ERP systems and Marketing automation software)
- Design and apply Loyalty Marketing strategies
- Analyse your data and segment customers
- Support Omni-Channel Communications
Why customer support is important in a Loyalty Program?
Customer support is important in all areas of your business. However, its importance increases when your business makes the promise of rewarding loyalty. Customers will expect the development of a relationship based on trust and transparency. They will provide you with information about their buying habits and in exchange, you will give them perks and rewards. This transaction must be based on simplicity in order to succeed. But what happens when something goes wrong? or further information is required? Then customer support becomes a stepping stone for the future relationship.
What are the typical enquiries received by customer support within a Loyalty Program?
At Arema Connect, our team has been offering customer support for loyalty programs since 2011. We perform different tasks on behalf of our clients including administrative and helpline support. Enquiries that we receive on an on-going basis can be categorised within three areas:
Frequent Asked questions include:
- I haven’t received my loyalty card. Can you send it again?
- How do you earn reward points?
- Can you explain how the points work?
- What is my existing balance?
- Can I check it online / through the app?
- How do I change my address? email? password?
Information about Offers/Incentives
Enquiries about promotions and rewards include:
- What are the terms & conditions of this offer?
- Can you book it for me?
- How can I view my order history?
Enquiries about the Redemption process
Typical questions include:
- Will my points expire?
- I didn’t get a confirmation. Can you send it again?
If you are looking for an outsourcing provider to support your loyalty program, send us an email.