Training plays a huge part in providing both a high-quality service and ensuring each client’s individual needs are fulfilled. Arema Connect currently employs 47 employees, who are well aware of this. Correct learning and professional development strategies are an indispensable way to keep the organisation competitive in constantly changing markets.My name is Katie Murphy and I am a marketing student at Cork Institute of Technology. In this blog, I would like to briefly highlight my experience of training at Arema Connect…
I started a marketing internship here at Arema Connect. I was introduced to various training methods and procedures which proved to be very helpful. In my opinion, without such training procedures, it would have been a lot more difficult for me to settle into my new role. In order for me to market the services we offer, it was vital for me to understand the work of our agents.
How to become a proficient call center agent?
In order to become a proficient call centre agent understanding the CRM system was a priority. Following an introduction to the CRM each employee is made aware of the mission statement, vision, rules and regulations. It allows for understanding of the importance of delivering a high-quality service to clients which are core brand value to Arema Connect.On my first day, I sat with Alison who is an Agent and an Account Manager for one of our biggest clients in the retail sector. I found this extremely beneficial as I was able to pick up various tricks of the trade by watching her.
From my introduction to my new workplace, it was very evident that delivering a high-quality service was vital for agents to grasp. Training takes place on the job. Newly recruited staff are encouraged to ask as many questions as needed in a positive and friendly work environment. Training programs ensure that employees weaknesses are addressed appropriately.This, in turn, reduces points of failure within in the team and encourages employees to work independently or as part of a team. Evidently, from my first weeks in the office, there is a very strong team spirit. Any difficulties I faced in my first week, there was always someone there to offer me guidance and encouragement.
Words from our Training Manager:
Our Training Manager Sarah Foley ensures there is an effective and extensive training process in place.
“We have a great emphasis on training in Arema Connect to enable our agents to grow their skills and knowledge.Training is vital in the outsourcing industry as it impacts the quality of service to our clients.Training enables us to provide feedback good and bad to our staff and to establish how we can improve our services.”
Lessons learnt from my first few weeks of training:
After intensive training, I learnt:
- Marketing for services-Providing a high-quality service means that the people and the process go hand in hand.
- Productivity-Agents extensive training allows for increased productivity and greatly contributes to the overall success here.
- Personalized CRM-Handling over 100 clients means that each Agent must be familiar with the unique criteria for each client account they are assigned to. These ranging from the pharmaceutical to hospitality industries, each with different requirements .
- Consistency-Effective training allows for a consistent service to be achieved which is high priority to us here at Arema Connect.
- Employee statisfaction-Improved employee satisfaction is achieved through correct training. In turn, allowing for employees to expand their knowledge base and continue to grow. It leads to an extremely low staff turnover of just 8% at Arema Connect.
In conclusion, my skill set and knowledge of the contact sector has hugely expanded. As I am still settling into my new role, I continue to receive training in various aspects of the business, making my internship all the more exciting.
Until next time,
Katie – CIT Intern, Marketing Department. A highly motivated Marketing student from Cork Institute of Technology.My achievements to date include winning the CIT 2017 brand challenge and shortlisted for the creation of a digital strategy for a business within the retail sector.I consider myself a creative and outgoing person. After the completion of my degree, I am driven to pursue a career in Fashion marketing.