- Every agent is twinned with a senior agent and encouraged to asks questions. They are allowed to piggyback for a few weeks until they are comfortable with the duties.
- We provide ongoing training for all employees focusing on:
- Contact centre skills
- Companies & clients procedures and policies
- Soft skills
- We have developed an employee program where training, coaching, rewards, and career development are addressed.
- As we operate 24 by 7 and offer different CRM packages, our agents are allowed to work flexi-time. Agents can choose which department they wish to work in such as live chat, e-mail handling, mystery shopping, inbound or outbound campaigns.
- 30% of our agents have more than 5 years of experience providing telephone answering services in a call centre. On average our agents have been working with us for more than 2 years.
The employee voice
The welfare of our agents is very important to us so we have contracted an independent HR consultant to provide 1 to 1 counselling/training sessions with each staff member on a 6 weekly basis.
This ensures that each staff member can discuss any issues they have with a qualified individual and the conversation is completely confidential unless they wish it to be brought to the attention of management. This approach ensures that our staff is aware that they are valued and respected, and as a result, our clients get one of the best service levels from one of the most professional teams in the industry.
- Regular staff surveys allow us to understand the profile of our agents and the needs of training and professional development of the team.
- We encourage free communication between employees and board members. All our team work in an open plan office with no boundaries between directors, key account managers, and agents. Our team are allowed to mix and encouraged to give their opinions.
The results from our last survey (January 2017) showed that:
- 98% of our employees enjoy working in Arema Connect
- 70% of our employees see themselves working with us in 5 years time
- 93% of Arema Connect team enjoy their day to day activities
- 100% of our employees feel that they can be heard if a problem arise
- Our staff is given the opportunity to get involved in extracurricular activities outside of their job description such as PR, HR, Event Management or Social Club Activities. We always encourage our employees to take part in other activities more closely linked to their hobbies and interests.
- As we are open 24 hours by 7 all year round, our agents are allowed to swap or switch shifts, choose specific shifts based on their lifestyles, and we have also introduced a “Working from Home” scheme this year.
- We hold regular employees’ social activities, based on employee interests, which serve to improve staff morale.
- Arema Connect has always focused on staff retention and staff satisfaction. Year on year we have one of the lowest attrition rates in the industry, running at approximately 8% (Industry average rate is 35%).
- Equality and diversity policy: This policy statement sets out Arema Connects vision and commitment to ensuring equality of opportunity for all employees.
- We are committed to promoting equality, and to preventing and eliminating discrimination for employees and service users on the grounds of age, disability, gender, marital status, race, sexual orientation, religious belief, social or national origin in a proactive manner.
- We try to promote disability, gender and racial equality in line with our duties under the law and our belief in the virtue of tolerance and diversity.
- We foster an environment in which all employees can realise their full potential through the development of their skills and abilities, regardless of their background.
- In addition, we are committed to ensuring that all employees, managers, and service users to Arema Connect are treated with respect and dignity and receive fair and equal treatment.