Why does data protection exist?
The fundamental role of data protection is to protect individuals from harmful disclosure of personal information and to limit its uses included being passed on without knowledge or consent.
The Data Protection Act safe guards the privacy rights of individuals.
The Data protection Principles are to:
- Obtain and process information fairly
- Keep Data only for one or more specified, explicit and lawful purposes
- Use and disclose data only in ways compatible with these purposes
- Keep data safe and secure
- Keep data accurate, complete and up-to-date
- Ensure that the data is adequate, relevant and not excessive
- Retain data for no longer than is necessary for the purpose or purposes
- Give a copy of his/her personal data to an individual, on request
Data Protection and Call Centres
Choosing an outsourcing company is an important decision for any business. While price, experience and reputation are important factors it is imperative to consider how a company complies with privacy policies and data protection.
Outsourcing means that your customers’ details are entrusted to a third party. While it is important to ensure the company you chose has safeguards to protect sensitive information it is worth noting that a call centres’ main business is customer information and therefore security.
Why Choose Call Management?
- We are registered with the Data Protection Commissioner and are fully compliant with the Data Protection Acts of 1988 and 2003.
- All our staff sign a confidentiality agreement prior to commencing employment.
- We sign a non-disclosure agreement with each client prior to work commencing.
- Our technology provides the perfect environment for a secure reception and a confidential communication between agent and caller.
- All calls are recorded and are stored on our server for up to 6 months.
- Call Management’s data centre infrastructure ensures a secure storage solution
If you would like more information on any of the services we provide please contact us