Live chat channel: Research Findings
30% of our new businesses in 2012 are availing the use of our web chat or live chat service. This increase is due to the recognition of the benefits of implementing this customer contact channel on our clients’ websites.
Our own experience is availed by research carried out by live chat software providers and large in-house contact centre from the communications and technology sector. BT’s research avails our own findings:
- Live chat creates a high positive customer experience: cost effective for customers, access from the problem spot to the customer team and shorter waiting times.
- 100% of our contact centre agents confirm that it is easier to use live chat software to guide customers and point them in the right direction than using the phone. Live chat allows agents to check what website has been viewed before and if they are repeated visitors.
- Live chat interaction has a rate of first call resolution up to a 99%. It is also possible to track previous conversations if it is required.
- Multiple web chat conversations at once are possible. This reduces the waiting time for customers requiring a web chat. It is on average lower than 30 seconds
- The number of interactions answered increase exponentially up to 300% compared to telephone answering interactions. Agents can handle up to 3 chats at the same time keeping our quality standards and reflecting positively on service level agreements.
- Our agents suggested live chats make them more effective, as they can ask for assistance in real-time to colleagues and/or key accounts without to put the customer on hold. This also reduces waiting time for the customers.
- Easier to escalate to different tiers on the organisation. Since all conversation is transcripted on text, tier 2 can scan quickly the text instead to ask again to the customer for details related to their problem.
- Live chat is also easier to monitor and analyse by clients and operations manager since all conversations are on text and are easier to review. Hence, feedback is easier to provide.
- Uniformity in answers can be achieved using canned answers for FAQ’s.
If you are thinking to increase your sales and improve your customer support through your website, contact us!